record store day 2020 drops at horizon records
We just couldn't help ourselves... Yes, we are not promoting the usual RSD events that draw the big crowds during the pandemic but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to stock some of the exclusive titles that appeal to our diserning Horizon shoppers. We've got these in the store now! C'mon by or secure your copy now here in the webstore.
New Vinyl: $12.98 Buy
This red vinyl 7” single features the rare Keith Richards track “Key To The Highway” which only ever saw release on the Japanese version of the album Main Offender, along with that album’s classic “Hate It When You Leave.”
"Hate It When You Leave" b/w "Key To The Highway"
The first official Rolling Stones’ rarities collection, Metamorphosis, was originally released in June 1975 to try to outwit the bootleggers. The release combines legendary outtakes and rarities as well as the wealth of demos that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards composed for other artists, which were subsequently re-recorded by the Stones themselves. The collection includes an orchestrated version of “Out Of Time,” recently featured in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The Record Store Day 2020 limited edition of the UK version of Metamorphosis will be released on hunter green vinyl and includes a full color exclusive iron-on t-shirt transfer of the album artwork, which alludes to Franz Kafka’s novella “The Metamorphosis,” the story of a man who wakes up one morning to find himself inexplicably transformed into a huge insect.
SIDE A –
1. Out Of Time 2. Don't Lie to Me 3. Some Things Just Stick in Your Mind 4. Each and Every Day of the Year 5. Heart of Stone 6. I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys 7. (Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City 8. We're Wastin' Time 9. Try a Little Harder
SIDE B –
1. I Don't Know Why 2. If You Let Me 3. Jiving Sister Fanny 4. Downtown Suzie 5. Family 6. Memo from Turner 7. I'm Going Down
New Vinyl: $22.98 Buy
This heady selection traces Brazil's enduring love affair with psychedelic music from the early days of the 1970s to today's new wave of artists. Featuring forgotten masterpieces by Jose Mauro and Piry Reis, along with rock-fuelled retro tracks by Mopho and Jupiter Maca, this is a mind-bending collection which transcends time.
SIDE A: 1. Piri - As Incríveis Peripécias De Danilo 2. Mopho - Ela Me Deu Um Beijo 3. Mauricio Maestro featuring Nana Vasconcelos - Ancient Truth 4. Laranja Freak - Fluidos 5. Bike - Enigma Do Dente Falso
SIDE B: 1. Jupiter Maça - O Novo Namorado 2. José Mauro - Apocalypse 3. Nomade Orquestra - Felag Mengu 4. Supercordas - Orquestra De Mil Martelos 5. Bonifrate - Microcosmo
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
The brand new double album from Soul Asylum, pressed for Record Store Day 2020 on 180g vinyl and featuring a bonus 7” featuring previously unreleased acoustic versions of “Rhinestone Cowboy” (a frequent staple of their live shows) and fan favorite “We 3” (which originally appeared on their album And The Horse They Rode In On).
The Verlaines are a rock band from Dunedin, New Zealand. Formed in 1981 by principle songwriter Graeme Downes, the band was named after the French poet Paul Verlaine, from from whom Television’s Tom Verlaine also lifted his stage name. The Verlaines are also one of the pioneers of the cult-followed 'Dunedin Sound' which was lifted from the explosion of talent coming out of their hometown in the ‘80s and ‘90s. The Chills, The Clean, Bailter Space, The Bats, The 3D's and the Straitjacket Fits all came roaring out of this University town.
The Verlaines’ angular sound made them favorites of bands like Pavement, R.E.M., Superchunk, Cat Power, The Mountain Goats, Will Oldham, Yo La Tengo, Lou Barlow and many others. Uncut Magazine suggested that "before the mp3 replaced the flexidisc, the three axes of the international indie-pop underground were Olympia WA, Glasgow, and Dunedin, New Zealand." From 1985 to 2012, The Verlaines have released eleven albums, most of which are on the legendary New Zealand label Flying Nun. There was a brief period in the early to mid 90's when the band released albums for Slash and Columbia Records, only to go back to Flying Nun for 2012's Untimely Mediations.
Dunedin Spleen is The Verlaines’ first studio album in over seven years. Featuring a blistering and brilliant nineteen tracks, this double-LP will be exclusively released on Record Store Day 2020 via North Carolina indie Schoolkids Records. Limited edition white vinyl, gatefold 2xLP, download card included
1. None Of These Chords 2. Church And State 3. Canterbury South 4. Here We Are Again 5. I Am 6. Dunedin Spleen 7. Anthem 8. This Will Not Go Down 9. A Crib At Flatline Bay 10. A.W.C.W.D. 11. Recurring Dream 12. If They Cut Off My Handselling Poems 14. A Wall St Hooker's Deathbed 15. Snappy Dressers 16. Petroleum Woman 17. Poet's Lament 18. Scientists 19. Way Too Old To Grow Up Now
The Beginning was released digitally and on CD in 2001 by Swamp Records in the US and Audium Records in Europe. Long out of print, this record was Tony Joe's 29th,and the first one where he controlled all elements of the studio. Stripped down and without any bells and whistles, this is Tony Joe recording, himself playing his classic swamp blues sound, and now for the first time on vinyl. Remastered and re-sequenced for RSD 2020 with new art and pressed on clear with black splatter vinyl.
1. Who You Gonna Hoo - Doo Now 2. Ice Cream Man 3. Wonder Why I Feel So Bad 4. Going Back To Bed 5. Down By The Border 6. More To This Than That 7. Drifter 8. Rebellion 9. Rich Woman Blues 10. Raining On My Life
Dateline: 1977. With punk on the rise in the United Kingdom, rock ‘n’ roll experienced a tectonic shift the world over. Rockford, Illinois’ Cheap Trick rode that shake-up, touring relentlessly in support of their self-titled debut album. In June of that year, bursting with kinetic energy while recording follow-up In Color, the group spontaneously booked a handful of club shows at The Whisky a Go Go in Los Angeles, knocking out audiences with an onslaught of down-‘n’-dirty rock righteousness – including favorite songs that wouldn’t appear on albums for years. Released for the first time ever and newly mixed by two-time Grammy Award winner Guy Massey (The Beatles, Ray Davies, The Jayhawks), Out To Get You! showcases a band taking determined steps toward world domination.
LP 1 / Side A : 1. “Hello There” 2. “Come On, Come On” 3. “Oh Candy” 4. “Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace” 5. “Elo Kiddies” 6. “Hot Love” 7. “Southern Girls”
LP 1 / Side B: 1. “Cry, Cry” 2. “Big Eyes” 3. “High Roller” 4. “He’s A Whore” 5. “Daddy Should Have Stayed In High School”
LP 2 / Side A: 1. “Can’t Hold On” 2. “Clock Strikes Ten” 3. “Loser” 4. “Taxman, Mr. Thief”
LP 2 / Side B: 1. “Ain’t That A Shame” 2. “Oh Caroline” 3. “Oh Boy” 4. You’re All Talk” 5. “Auf Wiedersehen” 6. “Goodnight”
Alejandro Escovedo's critically acclaimed album The Crossing with the vocals recorded in Spanish, pressed on red, white and green striped double vinyl.
1. Andare 2. Footsteps In the Shadows 3. Texas Is My Mother 4. Teenage Luggage 5. Something Blue 6. Outlaw For You 7. Amor 8. Puro 9. Waiting For Me 10. How Many Times 11. Cherry Blossom Rain 12. Sonica USA 13. Rio Navidad 14. Silver City 15. Fury and Fire 16. Flying 17. MC Overload 18. The Crossing
New Vinyl: $39.98 Buy
The original Frumpie One Piece release was only on CD. It was a collection of tracks previously released over five 7" singles, from a Bikini Kill-related band who were conceived as a singles project. This vinyl release includes the songs from the CD as well as the one 7 inch that was released after the collection (Frumpies Forever 7"). The personnel of this band was 3/4 of Bikini Kill (Tobi Vail, Kathi Wilcox, Billy Karren), plus 1/3 of Bratmobile (Molly Neuman), and they were sometimes joined by Michelle Mae, who went on to be in The Make-Up and Weird War. The Frumpies were formed in Washington DC during the same 1991 summer that birthed the first Riot Grrrl zines and meetings, which the Frumpies dubbed Revolution Summer.
1 Malice And Discontent 2 I Just Wanna Puke On The Stereo 3 Do You Wanna Donuts 4 Baby Plays For Pritty 5 Alien Summer 6 Fuck Kitty 7 Giveaway Pile 8 Weird Machine 9 Intertube Tomorrow 10 Be Good 11 Whatshisname Hearts The Frumpies 12 She's A Real Cutie Pie 13 Safety First 14 Weary Ingenues And Snotty Brats 15 Duvet Ta 16 Fake Antagonism Rules, Okay 17 Tommy Slich 18 Deliberate Indifference 19 Planet What 20 Fuck Yr. Frumpies 21 Eunuch Nights 22 Of Ever And Now On 23 You'll See 24 Wrong Way Round
Side A: Frumpies Forever / Don't Wanna Go Home
Side B: Turn off the Faucet/ Tell Me
Infectious Grooves, the funk metal supergroup led by Suicidal Tendencies frontman Mike Muir, is back! Take You On A Ride (EP) features three unreleased tracks from 1995 along with their first newly recorded song in years. Infectious Grooves features bassist Robert Trujillo (Metallica), drummer Brooks Wackerman (Avenged Sevenfold), Dean Pleasants (Suicidal Tendencies), and other veteran players. The EP comes on 12" transparent orange vinyl, mastered at 45RPM, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020.
“Funny Farm”/ “Payback’s A Bitch”/ “What Goes Up” / “Take You On A Ride”
When headbanger historians look back on the important heavy metal and hard rock bands that were active during the '70s, Mahogany Rush's name doesn't come up nearly as often as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Kiss, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Blue Öyster Cult or Aerosmith -- and that is regrettable because Frank Marino led one of the '70s' most exciting hard rock/metal outfits. Mahogany Rush is, without question, underrated. Marino's refusal to change with the times is just as well -- he is great at what he does, and the singer/guitarist is as inspired on original material as he is on performances of the Zombies' "She's Not There" and two Hendrix classics: "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" and "Red House."
Recorded live at Club Soda in Montreal, Canada on September 8, 2001.
First time on vinyl. Embossed deluxe gatefold with live photos and enhanced liner notes.
1. Voodoo Chile, 2. Something’s Comin’ Our Way (Excerpt), 3. He’s Calling (Part 1)
1. He’s Calling (Part 2), 2. Red House
1. Guitar Prelude to a Hero, 2. Stories of a Hero, 3. Poppy (Part 1)
1. Poppy (Part 2), 2. She’s Not There, 3. Crossroads, 4. She’s Not There (Return), 5. Poppy (Return) 1
Exclusive to record stores for Record Store Day 2020, Demon Records presents Bob Mould’s Circle of Friends, the audio of the concert film, available on vinyl for the first time.
Recorded in 2006 at the legendary 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C, the performance includes the former Hüsker Dü and Sugar singer / guitarist running through classic cuts from his extensive catalogue. Pressed on double 180g heavyweight clear vinyl.
LP1 Side One
1. “The Act We Act” 2. “A Good Idea” 3. “Changes” 4. “Circles” 5. “Paralyzed” 6. “I Am Vision, I Am Sound”
LP1 Side Two
1. “Underneath Days” 2. “Hoover Dam” 3. “See A Little Light” 4. “High Fidelity” 5. “Hardly Getting Over It”
LP2 Side Three
1. “Could You Be The One?” 2. “I Apologize” 3. “Chartered Trips” 4. “The Receipt” 5. “Best Thing” 6. “Celebrated Summer”
LP 2 Side Four
1. “Beating Heart The Prize” 2. “Egoverride” 3. “If I Can't Change Your Mind” 4. “Helpless” 5. “Makes No Sense At All” 6. “Man On The Moon”
A limited edition album release that expands the original Electric Folklore Album of 1988 into a double album. Featuring 10 previously unreleased tracks, Celtic Folklore Live is housed in a sleeve that echoes the original 1988 release, so that when placed side by side, they form a double album. The first five tracks on side one are from Hammersmith Odeon, London (Feb 9th 1988), and the tracks on side two are from The Cabaret, San Jose, California (March 17th 1988).
SIDE A –
1. Newtown Jericho 2. Knife Edge 3. Howling Wind 4. Presence Of Love 5. Absolute Reality
SIDE B –
1. One Step Closer To Home 2. Marching On 3. The Stand 4. Sixty Eight Guns 5. Bound For Glory
Classic 1983 Live Gun Club recording from the Lyceum in London. This is an often bootlegged recording from a tour which was considered one of their best. A show from that same week was on a DVD called Live At The Hacienda, released by Cherry Red in 2006. The band consisted of Jeffrey Lee Pierce. Patricia Morrison, Jim Duckworth and Dee Pop. This recording has been digitally remastered.
1. “Opening Space” 2. “Fire of Love” 3. “Run Through The Jungle” 4. “John Hardy” 5. “The Lie” 6. “Black Train” 7. “Cool Drink of Water” 8. “Fire Spirit” 9. “Death Party” 10. “Sex Beat” 11. “Goodbye Johnny” 12. “House of Highland Avenue” 13. “Texas Serenade” 14. “Heebee Jeebees”
British guitarist Allan Holdsworth’s 1983 album has only ever been reissued on vinyl as part of a limited edition 12 LP until now. The bonus track on this RSD 2020 release has never been on vinyl before.
SIDE 1: 1. “Three Sheets To The Wind” 2. “Road Games” 3. Water On The Brain”
SIDE 2: 1. “Tokyo Dream” 2. “Was There?” 3. Material Real Bonus Track 4. “Road Games (Alternative Jack Bruce Vocal Version)”
A remastered rerelease of Primus’ 1989 live album, on translucent vinyl, with a 3D cover.
SIDE A : “John The Fisherman”, “Groundhog's Day”, “Heckler”, “Pressman”, “Jellikit”
SIDE B: “Tommy The Cat”, “Pudding Time”, “Harold of The Rocks”, “Frizzle Fry”
Paris was the first city to really get behind my career as a solo artist. From the first time I played there in 2014 ‘til now, it's always had an extra spark of magic to it. It's always the stop I look forward to the most on my European tours as the audience comes with a very unique and kinetic energy, and because of this, so does the band. I had wanted to document this reciprocating fever between us and the crowd for some time now and saw our sold out show at the beautiful Cabaret Sauvage as the perfect time to do so. I also knew I needed to document a night with my new band, the OH MY GOD Band, which is made up of some of the most talented and tasteful musicians on the planet. And so here and now, in this recording, I have captured the best band I've ever played with as well as one of the best crowds I've ever played for - all together on a very sweaty night beneath a carnival tent in Paris. xo km
SIDE A: “Congratulations”/ “Hail Mary” / “Savannah” / “Piss River” / “No Halo”
SIDE B: “OMG Rock N Roll” / “Seven Devils” / “O Behold” / “Beautiful Strangers”
SIDE C: “City Music” / “Dry Your Eyes” / “Parade”
SIDE D: “I Have Been To The Mountain” / “Cut Me Down” / “Dorothy” / Harlem River”
The final piece of the Roxy Music revolutionary debut album celebration and with the full blessing of the band, Steven Wilson’s stereo mix of the epochal work will see the light of day for the first time, available as a Record Store Day exclusive. Limited edition LP pressed on 180g, clear vinyl. Mastered by Frank Arkwright at Abbey Road.
SIDE A –
1. Re-Make/Re-Model, 2. Ladytron, 3. If There Is Something, 4. Virginia plain, 5. 2 H.B.
SIDE B –
1. The bob (Medley), 2. Chance Meeting, 3. Would You Believe?, 4. Sea Breezes, 5. Bitters End
New Vinyl: $57.98 Buy
Brazil Funk Power – Brazilian Funk & Samba Soul RECORD STORE DAY BOX SET SPECIAL
Soul Jazz Records are releasing Brazil Funk Power – Brazilian Funk & Samba Soul, a limited-edition one-off pressing, exclusive for Record Store Day, collectors seven-inch box set, featuring ten superb, rare and classic Brazilian funk, boogie and Samba soul tracks cut across five individual bespoke 7" singles all housed in a bespoke box set.
This release features music by Jorge Ben, Azymuth, Donato, Tim Maia, Novos Baianos, Cassiano and more. Incredible and infectious heavy samba, funk and soulful Brazilian hypnotic dance tracks from some of the most important names in Brazilian music alongside some serious rarities.
All tracks have been digitally re-mastered and the singles come housed in a thick, heavyweight deluxe card box.
This box set is a one-off pressing exclusively for Record Store Day.
A. Jorge Ben – Meus Filhos, Meu Tesouro (3.52)
AA. Brasil Ritmo – Novo Dia (2.39)
A. Azymuth – Manha (3.49)
AA. Donato & Deodato – Whistle Stop (4.03)
A. Tim Maia – Gostava Tanto De Voce (4.17)
AA. Jorge Ben – Taj Mahal (3.05)
A. Cassiano – Onda
AA. Luiz Gonzaga Jr. – O Comeco Da Festa (4.04)
A. Novos Baianos – Tinindo Trincando (3.24)
AA. Dom Um Romao – Kitchen (Cosinha) (2.50)
'The first album released from the most sought-after label, bar none, among jazz collectors! Black Jazz was started by keyboardist/producer Gene Russell for Dick Schory's Ovation Records. Active only from 1971 to 1975, and reputed to be the first jazz label started by an African-American since Sunshine Records in 1921, Black Jazz sought to expand minds as well as hearts, releasing spiritual, socially conscious music that explored such burgeoning genres of the era as funk, soul jazz, and free jazz. Real Gone Music kicks off its Black Jazz reissue campaign with the very first record the label released, entitled, fittingly, New Direction, and performed by label founder Russell. Oft-bootlegged, with original copies commanding princely sums, New Direction, while a fairly straight-ahead piano trio outing, sets the tone for the entire label with its modal and soul jazz flourishes, and features such sidemen as double bassist Henry 'The Skipper' Franklin and drummer Steve Clover. Co-produced by Real Gone's own Gordon Anderson and jazz reissue specialist Zev Feldman, Real Gone's reissue includes the distinctive original Black Jazz album art along with new liner notes by Pat Thomas, the author of Listen Whitey! The Sounds of Black Power 1965-1975. Transparent clear with heavy black swirl vinyl limited to 1500 copies worldwide. Pressed at Gotta Groove Records for Record Store Day.
1. Black Orchid 2. Hitting the Jug 3. Willow Weep for Me 4. Listen Here 5. On Green Dolphin Street 6. Silver's Serenade 7. My Cherie Amour 8. Making Bread
Solomon Burke was an American preacher and singer who shaped the sound of rhythm and blues as one of the founding fathers of soul music in the 1960s. Originally released in 1976, Back To My Roots was his debut album on the legendary Chess Records label, a well-known imprint devoted to the best Blues, R&B, Funk and Soul music. After a long stint on Atlantic and MGM Records, Solomon Burke signed for Chess to work with the wonderful producer Herman Rush who wrote and produced this sensational album.
This release for Record Store Day is its first repress since the original 1976 release.
SIDE A –
1. Burning For Your Love 2. Night And Day 3. Everybody’s Got To Cry Sometime 4. I’m Going Back To My Roots
SIDE B –
1. Precious Flower 2. The Do Right Song 3. Life Has It’s Ups And Downs 4. Over And Over (Hugging And Loving) 5. I’ll Never Stop Loving You
The release of the two remarkable 1965 New York Concerts performances offer a rare and revelatory glimpse into that discographic dark period. This captivating double LP set would be valuable solely for the brilliant music, which finds Giuffre leading otherwise undocumented trio and quartet line-ups that advance his experiments in counterpoint and abstraction from the chamber-like Free Fall into even more adventurous avant-garde territory. But it also offers much-needed insight into one of jazz’s most innovative thinkers at a key moment in his development. 180-gram vinyl.
LP1 / SIDE A –
1. Syncopate 2. Introduction 3. Crossroads
LP1 / SIDE B –
1. Drive 2. Quadrangle 3. Angles
LP2 / SIDE A –
1. Syncopate 2. Quadrangle 3. Three Bars In One
LP2 / SIDE B –
1. Cry, Want 2. Angles 3. Drive
Kickin presents Hi Tide Groove, DJ's Choice 1969 - 1981, a collection of Hi Records singles from the famous (Al Green and Ann Peebles) to the obscure (Africano and Jean Plum). Released for Record Store Day 2020 on 180g colored vinyl.
1. Larry "T-Byrd" Gordon “Contact Off Funk”, 2. Al Green “Love Ritual”, 3. Ann Peebles “Come To Mama”, 4. Syl Johnson “The Love You Left Behind”, 5. Ann Peebles “Somebody's On Your Case”, 6. O.V. Wright “Into Something (Can't Shake Loose)”, 7. Veneice “Stepchild”, 8. Ann Peebles “Slipped, Tripped and Fell In Love”, 9. Africano “Satisfactorize Your Mind”, 10. Africano “Open Your Hearts Pts. 1&2”, 11. Majik “Back Into Your Heart”, 12. Al Green “Full of Fire”, 13. Bobby McClure “She's Miss Wonderful”, 14. George Jackson “Let Them Know You Care”, 15. Phillip Mitchell “Little Things”, 16. Jean Plum “Look At That Boy”, 17. Ann Peebles “It's Your Thing”, 18. Al Green “Get Back Baby”, 19. Willie Mitchell “My Babe”, 20. Ann Peebles “I Don't Lend My Man”, 21.Iota “Love Come Weekend”, 22. Odyssey “No One Else Pts. 1&2”, 23. Donna Rhodes “Where's Your Love Been”, 24. Jean Plum “Pour On The Loving”, 25. Ann Peebles featuring Don Bryant “Man Belle-Amour”
New Vinyl: $39.98 Buy
3LP set featuring a complete live show recorded at University of Wisconsin in 1989. Pressed on 140g black vinyl, the set features the tracks "Alex Chilton", "Bastards of Young", "I’ll Be You", "Can’t Hardly Wait", "I Will Dare", and many more. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
Double-sided 7" picture disc in standard jacket. Side A will feature cover art from Weather Balloons (feat. Frances Cone) and Side B will feature cover art from SUSTO's rendition of "Daniel," the classic Elton John hit.
"Weather Balloons" is a special version of a previously released song from Ever Since I Lost My Mind, featuring vocals from tour mate Christina Cone (aka Frances Cone.) “Sometimes a song can be transformed through live performance with new people. For me, connecting with Christina was like meeting a long-lost musical sister, and when we began performing ‘Weather Balloons’ together on tour, the song was given a new energy that needed to be captured. This new recording is an attempt to capture that magic that happens on stage, between friends.” - SUSTO
On "Daniel," SUSTO present their faithful rendition of the classic Elton John hit, “Daniel.” Originally released by John in 1973, the song reached #2 on the US Pop charts and #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, and has since gone on to reach Platinum certification by the RIAA. SUSTO front man and lead singer, Justin Osborne, provides the vocals with a sincerity that honors the spirit of the beloved ballad, while the underlying instrumentals provide an effervescent quality, through the use of clever synch tones and instruments as unconventional as beer bottles."
“Weather Balloons (ft. Frances Cone)”/”Daniel”
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers
“Messin’ With The Hook” | “The Feelin’ Is Gone” | “Send Me Your Pillow” | “Sittin’ Here Thinkin’” | “Meet Me In The Bottom” | “Alimonia Blues” | “Drifter” | “You Talk Too Much” | “Burning Hell” | “Bottle Up And Go” | “The World Today” | “I Got My Eyes On You” | “Whiskey And Wimmen’” | “Just You And Me” | “Let’s Make It” | “Peavine” | “Boogie Chillen No. 2”
“11 O’Clock Tick Tock” was recorded with producer Martin Hannett in Dublin’s Windmill Lane Studios and originally released in May 1980. The song was U2’s first single on Island Records. This 40th anniversary limited edition LP includes the original track and the 7” b-side version of ‘Touch’, plus two previously unreleased live recordings from the band’s September 1980 show at the London Marquee. Pressed on 180-gram, transparent blue vinyl. Gatefold sleeve packaging, with photo gallery on inner gatefold.
SIDE A –
1. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (Long Version) 2. Touch (Remaster)
SIDE B –
1. Touch (Live at the Marquee, London, 1980) 2. Twilight (Live at the Marquee, London, 1980)
Freshly unleashed from the vaults of Desco Records and remastered for the first time since its 1998 release, it is an honor to announce the re-release of one of the finest and most satisfying needle drops of the last 40 years. An album that needs no introduction, yet one is required...we're talking raw soul and heavy, heavy funk sung with aplomb by one of the best in the biz...Ladies and Gentlemen...Presenting! the Lee Fields' classic, Let's Get a Groove. And groove you shall, for this is supernova of soulful superiority. This album will feature an exclusive green splatter vinyl, and has been out-of-print for over a decade.
SIDE A: 1. Intro By Mr Fields 2. Let's Get A Groove On 3. Watch That Man 4. Hey Sallie Mae (Get Off My Feet) 5. Let A Man Do 6. What He Wanna Do 7. All By Myself SIDE B: 1. Put It On Me 2. Take It Or Leave It 3. Steam Train 4. I'm A Millionaire 5. Bad, Bad, Bad